Friday, September 14, 2007

And I can't get it out of my head

Seasonal changes always trigger my inner jukebox. Right now, as the summer slowly fades, The Kinks "End of the Season" is on infinite repeat play. It must be time to put away the straw boater, and put the red/white striped blazer on mothballs.

Does anyone actually use mothballs anymore?


Someone just told me about Pandora Radio - radio from the Music Genome Project. You enter a song, or artist, and they'll play the song if they have it. But the better part is they'll then play similar stuff. Helps to bump the inner jukebox, but only slightly. Like a musical Tivo, sorta. This is the station they created, when I entered the above tune. Rather good; very mid 60s dreamy - I haven't heard The Endfields in ages.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Pandora IS great, and I went with your station, digging happily with Bipolaroid at the moment (while grading papers, natch--talk about the end of the season!).

8:27 PM  
Blogger James said...

& NOW, your End of the Season station just played "hark" by Unit 4 + 2. Who knew they did ANYthing besides "concrete and clay"? What a nice idea.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home