Monday, August 06, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by the good Lady Crumpet, to write 8 habits/facts about myself. I'll do it, but I'm also supposed to ask 8 more people to do the same. But if I ask and then you don't, I'll have anxiety. So, if you're reading this, just consider yourself tagged and leave me a link in comments, if you decide to play along...

1. My earliest memory I’m positive I accurately & truthfully remember is of leaning against a newly painted garage door, in Yonkers NY. I was about 3 years old. I got fire-engine-red paint on my white shirt. I think I have earlier memories, but I can’t be sure they weren’t implanted or modified by later conversations. For example, I believe an earlier memory could be of looking out through my crib bars at a black and white tile floor. The black tiles in the center of the room formed a cubist image of the first dog in my life, Jet.

2. In my senior year of high school (1972, since you’re too polite to ask), I stole a set of drill bits from the metal shop. I still have and use most of the original bits. I attribute the longevity to their wonderful metal box.

3. I finally confessed to the above theft, to someone from the same hometown as I, just 2 weeks ago. Now that the statute of limitations for detention has expired, if I could only locate my shop teacher, Mr. Howard Kemper, and confess directly…

4. The most unusual vehicles I’ve owned were two (one for the parts) Subaru 360s. They had 360cc two-stroke engines. It was fun to pull up to intersections, making that 2-stroke wing-wing-wing sound, in such an awfully small ride. People would nearly always do a double-take and I’d usually get a smile and/or a thumbs up.

5. Bad habit: not keeping in regular touch with family. In this day and age it shouldn’t be that hard to do; but hey, it does go both ways – I’m just sayin’.

6. I worry, often, about my punctuation usage.

7. I get a kick out of yanking out my nose hairs by the root. If I’m going to keep getting older and be growing hair where it never once was, aren’t I entitled to enjoy this slightly masochistic pleasure?

8. I am comfortable with uncertainty, in the physical sense of reality and being, that is. However, I wonder if this conflicts with #6. hmmm...

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I do that with my nose hairs too. It hurts AND it satisfies. Also, why are the nose hairs white? not all of them but some of them? MOST of my hair isn't white. Why is the chest hair and nose hair white before the head hair?

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You owned a Pokemon car? Way too cool!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home