Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Weathering the winter of (more than) our discontent



Battan down the hatches. A potent Canadian cold front is coming. Appropriate weather to accompany the nightmare Bush will attempt to shove down our throats this evening.

If you're also in need of auditory shelter, I heartily recommend
Orphans. I've avoided reading reviews until I had enough quality time with it myself. Now, I'm glad to see most people agree that it's pretty damn auspicious.

Although it is far from being a career retrospective, let alone a greatest hits, it plays as such. I expect Orphans is destined to become the go to Waits release, in my house. The three style organizational format (Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards) is perfect for his work. I bet you could do the same groupings, with equal success, with other top draw musician's repetoires. I'm thinking of...

...no, not that band once of Liverpool.

Love is the neu way to hear their songs. Another warm refuge, from the militant among us who blow only cold-hearted wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home