Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Pundits, puters, putzes

My 'puter has become a putz. It's crashing and I think it's because of my virus scan s/w. I've been using an old rev version, which has been letting me update the latest DAT files online - and free. Recently, I did my standard update request and boom. Crash city. Ever since then, upon boot-up, I have a DOS unrelocated address crash. Sometimes I get Windows up and half-way through whatever I'm doing, down we go again.

I'm working on borrowed time right here, right now.

Anyway, day 1 of the Dems Convention was pretty decent TV. Good speeches. However, I've already OD'ed on all the network and cable punditry. Why do they feel compelled to explain things for us? It's always been that way, least as far back as I care to remember. But in earlier days, they'd interview other politicians. Now, they just interview themselves. Marshall McLuhan said 'the media is the message' - but now, it's the only message.

Maybe I'm going shopping for a new laptop putz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home