Thursday, April 01, 2004

Ooh oooh, baby, you're a fool to cry

St Stupid's Day has evolved into "I'm Embarassed By My President" Day. A good and necessary evolution.

Op-Ed: The St. Stupid's Day Parade has become rather silly, in a ho-hum sort of way. It's now about failed high-school thespians and casual Dead Heads, donning jester caps (bought at Pier 39) and riding unicycles. I guess it's... whacky... if it was 40 years ago.

I happened to be near Justin Herman Plaza today, where the FCLL faithful congregate, as the noon hour approached. I don't know, maybe I'm just no fun anymore. Any public gathering (permitted, no less) which doesn't address real socio-political issues seems pointless right now. But I did see at least one guy with an "IEBMB Day" sign. Right on, clown.


(jeez, lighten up deano. at least it's not commercialized.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home