Tuesday, December 16, 2003



Off we go, into the wild blue yonder

I gave myself an early Xmas present - I quit the paying job from hell.

It is an odd feeling though. Leaving. I learned early into this job that it was far from what I thought it would be. You sell yourself to an employer, but they also sell you. And I was sold a bag o' doo-doo, as a now ex-associate puts it.

I've reached a point in my life and finances where I want to work, but I want to work at something that is:

* meaningful
* fulfilling
* enjoyable

Although money does have its benefits, I've realized I've got an opportunity to take a tack, from here on out, where the reward is in the doing; not in the pay envelope. I won't get fooled again. That's a very lucky situation to be in, I know. And I'm grateful.

Now all I have to do is figure out what *that* is. Stay tuned.

PS: I actually had time last night to mail out the first batch of holiday CDs. Now that's productivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home