Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Pass the plate

Thanksgiving - it works, on the basic level of any excuse to get together with friends and family to pig out. But beyond that, it's pretty...eh. Even the only Thanksgiving-related movie I know, Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant, is over-rated. The one redeeming moment is the graveyard scene, with Joni Mitchell's Song To Aging Children. I've always liked that song and the scene is some flower-powerful imagery. Alice's Restaurant, the song, is too dated now, to be anything other than an audio reminder that it's Thanksgiving.

Arlo seems to be a sweet old hippie and harmless enough. Yeah, let's even say he's endearing. At least he maintains a refreshingly unassuming, amused nature in the media, whenever they bother to engage him. At least he hasn't crusted over, as far as I can tell. I wonder if living with not knowing whether he inherited his father's genes for Huntington's Disease, made him seem so comfortable to be in and of the moment. It seems logical.

So to anyone out there, enjoy the feed. Me, I'll be trying out my new ultra-genki chef pants tomorrow; thanks K&K!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home