Friday, August 08, 2003

The Guv Recall

Arianna vs. Arnold. This is getting interesting....


Ann Coulter

Tonight, I made the mistake of watching Ann Coulter on Larry King Live (is that actually 2 mistakes?). There was one good bit though: she referred to current presidential hopeful Howard Dean as John Dean. Larry, gleefully, caught the Freudian moment.

She gives me serious gastric problems. All those half-truths, bogus quotations and outright falsehoods. Spinsanity has found at least five doozies in her latest screed, "Treason."

And whatever happened to the intelligent conservative? I keep confusing them with toasters these days. Everett Dirksen must surely be spinning in his grave. Bill Buckley is getting old; he's all mumble now. I'm sure Ann Coulter aspires to be considered part of the right-wing intellectual elite. But she's her own worst oppostion to inclusion. Here's just a few of her observations, as collected by Washington Monthly:

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00
(me: okay Annie, maybe you have a point there)

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard."---Washington Post 10/16/98


Yes Ann; you do.



Have I mentioned we have 9 beautiful Koi now? Hmmm... what to name them? Maybe Arianna, Arnold and Ann? Gray, Issa, Cruz...Flynt...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home