Friday, January 24, 2003

Was dat you outside this morning, Gollum?

It was still dark when I let the dogs out back for their morning sniff and drop. I heard the strangest noise, coming from the lower backyard, here at slipping acres. A kind of soft 'eeee' sound, followed by a sharp raspy 'yack!' I could hear claws clambering in one of the redwoods, down near where we keep most of the bird feeders. Then, when it sensed me and the dogs, up on the upper backyard looking down into the impenetrable dark of the lower yard, it let out more eeee-yacks and bounded away down the hill. Really fast. It kept making noise until it made it all the way over to the other side of the valley. Probably just a big raccoon, but the weirdest sounding one. When animals are invisible, they appear even wilder.

A little media exposure for a band I like

Papas Fritas is, sadly, a band disbanded. But better late than never - one of their songs is being used in a new Dentyne commercial. Their song "Way You Walk" (the Gloucester answer to "Walk This Way?") is showcased in the one where the hottie is on the subway. Watch for it and hear the chewy freshness that was Papas Fritas.

Big storage

Well, my DSL provider, SBCPacbell, has a new deal with Yahoo. I signed up. I get 750MB of online storage, 25MB of website space, a custom domain (http://deanmartucci.net - but nothing there yet, so no linkie) and a slew of email addresses. All for the low low price of 9 bucks per month more than I pay now for the DSL service alone. This means home page and blog site will be seeing steroid development soon. I see renovations on all home fronts - 8 ball sez OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home