Monday, January 13, 2003

In memory of Maurice Gibb

An open letter to: the children of the world
Re: I started a joke.

It is a tragedy. Too bad he wasn't saved by the bell. How do you mend a broken heart, when you're a heartbreaker? Obviously he had trouble staying alive and eventually succumbed to saturday night fever. Maurice, now that you are horizontal and the change is made, we know how deep is your love. He may have jokingly said I close my eyes and I can't see nobody, but now it's time to truly close another door. This is just me jive talkin because, at his age, he should be dancing. He did get a message to me though and it was to love somebody. I hope he gets too much heaven now. Don't forget to remember Maurice. I can't let you go, maybe together we can throw a penny, down the road. He believed you can't keep a good man down, but his is not a story of immortality and for him the bell tolls. He was the greatest man in the world.

Sincerely,
Craise Finton Kirk,
Royal Academy Of Arts.
Turn of the century, on holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home