Wednesday, January 22, 2003

American Idol-atry

I missed all of this show's first season, making me a virgin idolatrist. That is, until last night.

After about a half hour, the thing that convinced me I haven't been missing anything at all wasn't the show concept...it was the music itself. Or lack thereof.

God.Awful.Mainstream.Pop. I realize this is not news to most of you, but I was amazed at how bland the contestants' musical tastes were. I thought there would be at least a couple of Sinead O'Connor wannabees, or something.

It goes without saying the judging panel are all morons.

If only Garageband.com had had the bucks these producers have. Then, at least the singing would have been more interesting.

ps: Am I being a snob? If so, it's frickin' okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home