Monday, September 09, 2002

2nd CD-r Comp Offer


In the time honored tradition of fiddling while Rome burns, how about another compilation offer? Same as last time, if you'd like a copy, just write me with your mailing address and I'll put one in the mail to you shortly.

This one I actually made up several years ago. It's called "Be Bop & Blew." A jazz set, which plays pretty well while sitting outdoors on a sunny sunday afternoon. We still play it quite often, so we must be having some pretty excellent weather, these days.

The tracks to "Be Bop & Blew":
1. Billie Holliday - Fine & Mellow (live, from Monterey Jazz Festival)
2. Count Basie - Blues Alley (mellow swing)
3. Duke Ellington - Limbo Jazz (another live track)
4. Nancy Wilson & Cannonball Adderely - The Masquerade Is Over
5. Mabel Mercer - I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore
6. Rod McKuen - I Dig Sausalito (he too confesses to listening to Mabel Mercer records)
7. D. Gillespie, S. Rollings & S. Stitt - After Hours (3 amazing horn players, round-robin-riffing)
8. Mavis Rivers & Shorty Roger - I Feel So Smoochie (see song questionnaire, from last week)
9. Dizzy Gillespie - Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (When Cadillacs roamed the earth)
10. Ahmad Jamal - Poinciana (a sublime version of this nugget)
11. Gil Evans - Where Flamingos Fly (mood indigo extraordinaire)
12. John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - Lush Life (my favorite version of this song)
13. Abbey Lincoln - Live For Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home